A recently completed Monolithic Dome home shielded a family from a hurricane and came away unscathed. That’s the strength of a Monolithic Dome.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Judy Lynne South — loving wife of David B. South and beloved mother of ten. She died in Waxahachie, Texas, on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Forecasts predicted Hurricane Michael would land in Panama City as a strong, but still manageable, Category 3 hurricane. Employees of the Humane Society of Bay County — along with their families, friends, cats, and dogs — spent the day preparing to ride out the hurricane under the protection of their Monolithic Dome. As everyone settled in for the night, no one expected anything too severe. Then Hurricane Michael intensified into the strongest hurricane to ever hit the Florida panhandle.
- LADIES BLACK FAUX SUEDE LACE UP TASSEL BLOCK HIGH HEEL ANKLE BOOTS SHOES
- LADIES DOLCIS PIPER OFFICE GRIP SOLE BIKER ANKLE BOOTS GREY MEMORY FOAM UK 3
- Miss KG Women's Josie Ankle Boots In Black Uk Size 6 Eu 39
- Perf Pb17C Black Ddr Chukka Boot Sz-7
- shoesdazzle Women's Lace Up Larkin Heeled Platform Boot HD3 Black Size US 8
- Sporto Womens Ariel Closed Toe Knee High Cold Weather Boots, Tan Navy, Size 6.0
- Womens Fashion Metal Decor Flowers Round Toe Pumps High Heel Knight Knee Boots
- Alexander McQueen Ladies Red Heel shoes Size Uk4
- BETTYE MULLER Ladies Fringe SANDALS 7.5 M Lavender Slides Slip On Heels shoes
- Carvela Kurt Geiger Brown Suede Leather gold Zip Tassel Over the Knee Boots 37 4
- Demonia CREEPER-304 H.Pink Vegan Suede-Leopard Printed Pony UK 4 (EU 37)
- Funslippers Unisex Plush Indoor Bunny Novelty Slippers Animal Pink
- KEEN Womens Elsa Coffee Bean Snow Boots Size 5.5 (172854)
- Marc Fisher Black Satin Ankle Boots Size 6.5 M
- Nevados Mens Highgate Waterproof and Insulated Cold Weather Zip-Up Snow Boot 11
- Nike Hyperdunk High-Top Sneaker Basketball Turnschuhe blue Eu 40,5--Uk 6,5
Facing west toward the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, The Vanguard School in Colorado Springs provides a dramatic foreground thanks to its royal blue sports field and the dome structure situated nearby. The 20,000-square foot Monolithic Dome houses twelve classrooms and two science labs for the school’s 215 seventh and eighth graders. “It looks cool,” says student Ciera. “A lot of people see it and wonder what that thing is and I get to tell them it’s the junior high building!”
I was not a bit afraid during Hurricane Michael. A South Florida newspaper said there were sustained winds of 185+ mph and gusts of 201 mph. I believe that as I watched the neighbor house explode and saw trees twist and fly apart. Debris pounded the dome viciously. My hurricane windows were fractured but held so no rain entered.
Klogs Dusty Unisex Clogs Chestnut - 5 Narrow
Hurricane Michael smashed a power transformer into Margaret Clayton’s caterpillar shaped Monolithic Dome home. The home is a few miles southeast of Mexico Beach in Port Saint Joe, Florida. Clayton stayed in her home during the hurricane. Everything was going well — until her neighbor’s house exploded.
Klogs Footwear Men's Shark Closed Back Chef Clog, Smoke, Size 9.0 US 8.5 UK
Klogs Springfield Closed Back Unisex Clogs - Us Chestnut - 14 MediumKlogs Syracuse Womens 8.5 M Brown Cutouts Leather Slip Resistant Clogs MulesKnee High Black Leather Boots, Size 5.5
Hundreds of dome fans toured the Monolithic Dome Research Park on Saturday, October 20. After weeks of constant rain, the weather turned sunny, and it was a beautiful day. Even the with all the mud and standing water, people toured the offices, shops, and Bruco: The Texas Italian Caterpillar.
We haven’t reached any dome owners in the area hit by Hurricane Michael. The city manager of Panama City Beach, Florida, was on NPR this morning talking about the damage. He said his city fared okay, but the area around Mexico Beach — east of Panama City Beach — was devastated. Widespread power failures, destroyed cell towers, and damaged infrastructure is making communication difficult.
Years ago, a late night fire started next to a 10,000-ton urea storage in Channelview, Texas. It consumed three wood structures built against the Monolithic Dome. Over 300 gallons of transformer oil fueled the blaze. For an hour, strong winds blew the inferno directly over the dome.
Kori Taupe Brown Wedge Sandals
Kork-Ease K6113 Wos shoes Platform Mules US 10 M Brown Leather Suede Heels 1100KORKS Women 8 39 pink gold Bronze Sandal Platform Wedge Leather shoes Slingback
KS35 Deliee Flat Knee-High Boots 588, Black Cognac, 4 UK
K-Swiss 05605-042-M Mens Aero Trainer SE Sneaker- Choose SZ color.
K-swiss Donovan P Mens Footwear shoes - Charcoal Black All Sizes
There are so many domes around the Monolithic Dome Research Park that for the first time the Monolithic Dome Builders Workshop was held out-of-town — mostly. Over 20 students attended the Fall 2018 workshop. They built two, 20-foot diameter domes and one concrete-only Ecoshell in nearby Dawson, Texas.
K-SWISS ST329 CMF WHITE BLACK SILVER 03426-129 LEATHER SIZES 7.5 - 14 MEN'S
Kunsto Men's Leather Oxfords Dress shoes Lace up
Dome fan, Harry Maldonado, shared this video of his recent visit to a monolithic dome home in Colorado. We believe this home was constructed by Mert Hull near Colorado Springs.
Kurt Geiger Jitterbug Magnolia Peeptoe Heels Size 7